Philosophy and practice
You know your programs inside and out, and you are incredibly busy. You are constantly attending to what’s happening right now as well as working to secure your organization’s future. I aim to make grant-seeking easier and shoulder some of the load.
I listen well and ask penetrating questions to elicit core ideas and hone the details around your concept. I write with a friendly, succinct tone, and choose language carefully to convey strengths, versus deficits. I typically work faster than expected, without sacrificing quality.
I’ve been writing grants for the past 25 years. I also served as grants manager for Catholic Community Services, the largest private social service agency in Washington, where I managed calendars and deadlines, wrote proposals, and coached program staff to write their own grants. Coupled with years of experience in teaching and administration, I understand the complexities of running an organization.
- Writing letters of inquiry, full proposals, and reports
- Developing proposals from scratch through an efficient interview process with your organization’s leaders and staff
- Researching and qualifying funding prospects
Email or text to get started. Let’s see how my skills fit your needs. firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-359-0628.
Types of grants written
- County: Community Development Block Grant, Best Start for Kids, Court Program Funds
- State: Commerce, Department of Financial Institutions
- Federal: EvenStart, Small Business Administration
- Private foundations
- Sample of grant proposal